Friday, April 16, 2010
A defining moment!!
An OMG moment!!
It was a defining moment when Joshua said to Israel '..choose ye this day, whom ye shall serve but as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord!'
defining moments show us who we are, what we can achieve, our inner strength or cowrds, our principles and convictions are brought to fore..
These moments normally come as a surprise, and usually in times of crises.. a death, making a difficult choice, personal failure, hardship, taking an unpopular stand, being asked to forgive etc
Sometimes we don't even know them for what they are but later, when we look back, we see the ir importance and then we begin to beat ourselves over for the steps we took or on the other hand, commend ourselves if we did the right thing..
Defining moments also show others what we are, it exposes our real selves, not the mask we mostly wear before the world each day but the inner personalities are brought out and everyone sees.. the moment we said those words we shouldn't have or took the step that encouraged others, the moment your decision made someone ' i never would've he/she would do something like that' or ' what great faith he/she has!!'.
Above all, defining moments determine where we will go and who will become and that is because they give us an opportunity to take a step, to take a turn, seek a new dimension and destination..
May God Almighty give us the strength to make the right choices and shine as light to the world, and may whatever we do in that split moment that seeks to define us show the world that we stand on the side of Christ!
Happy Weekend, everyone!!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
1. I will lift up my eyes to the Hill, from whence cometh my help
2. My help comes from the Lord who makes heaven and earth
3. He will not permit thy feet to be moved; he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4. Behold, he that keepeth israel shall neither sleep nor slumber.
5. The Lord is thy Keeper; the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6. The sun shall not smite thee by day ; nor the moon by night.
7. The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil; he shall preserve thy soul
8. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even forever more.
I know we have been MIA for a long minute but we have taken steps to revamp this blog and hope you shall come along with us for a refreshing time in His presence..
well, just wanted to share with you one of my most loved psalms..This Psalms encapsulates so much regarding what God is to me, Saviour, preserver, Sustainer, Shelter, Father..everything..
when i meditate upon it, it gives peace to my soul, i hope it does to you too!
I also wanted to try and post a hymn here, hope it works and that you enjoy it!