Thursday, July 30, 2009

Waiting Upon The Lord



There are times in our lives when our God demands that we wait...to receive that perfect gift, to see His Salvation, to behold His will made manifest in our lives.
When wait, we learn perseverance, patience and faith.

Waiting is not easy..Sometimes, it gets us thinking if our God has abandoned us.Does He not see what we are going through? How the unrighteous are prospering and getting their hearts' desires? while we who claim to wait on Him are but stagnant, unable to achieve, to clinch that job, that promotion, that contract..or perhaps all around us our mates are marrying, having babies, building homes, everyone but us is achieving their heart's desires...

THE LORD SAYS WAIT:
'Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!' - Isaiah 30:1
He further assures us:



As i go through my lesson in waiting, sometimes i feel frustrated, overwhelmed, burned out, but i pray for His grace so i will have the strength still to say...

"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning."- Psalm 130:5-6

1 comment:

Enam said...

This is inspiring, let us keeping building ourselves up. See this....

The Blessing of Unanswered Prayers

I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I had asked for,
but everything that I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

- Unknown Confederate soldier